Katy (@klwatts) is joined by April Thibert (@AThibert) and Ian McMartin of Whiprsnpar Brewing Company (@whiprsnaprbrew) to chat about beer, Whiprsnapr's 2nd Birthday and how the brewery is doing.
- Little do you know, listener, I have edited out a whole chunk of the podcast where Ian and April were making fun of a dishwasher smell that was coming off my tasting glasses. Those beer drinkers! So persnickety!
- Just like wine, brewshops can offer a "ferment on premise" option for beer (although it seems less popular).
- Perth Brewery is known as a brewery (who offers gluten free beer options), but was originally a homebrew shop that offered (offers?) package your own/ferment on site beer.
- Brewers love to peel things don't they (Whiprsnapr with ginger, Dominion City with oranges, Beyond the Pale with grapefruits)?
- By 'those' we are referring to Crabbie's Ginger Beer.
- BOOK RECOMMENDATION: The Ontario Craft Beer Guide by Robin LeBlanc and Jordan St. John.
- Something I glazed over, but deserves more thought. Large breweries see the LCBO/Beer Store as a large source of revenue. Small breweries seem to see it as almost a loss leader or marketing expense to get people into the brewery to buy direct from them.
- We're talking about their Maple Cream Ale that got infected and was put on tap at Local Lansdowne and advertised as a sour beer although it isn't.
- ARTICLE: What is efficiency in brewing?
- Carol Anne (Blonde Ale)
- Ok Lah! (Ginger/Coriander Cream Ale)
- Harvest King (Harvest Ale)
- Alt Schule (Altbier)
- Backbeet Wheat (Vegetable/American Wheat)
- Devil's Cradle (Vanilla Bourbon Stout)
Join the Conversation: