Episode 21 - National Capital Homebrew Competition
- OMG! Chuck's hosting! Where's Katy? She's writing these show notes..
- These beers were served to Phil and Justin 'blindly' or at least as blindly as we could manage.
- What is Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP)?
- Seriously, there is a lot of note taking, check out the score sheet that's used.
- Want to learn how to judge beer like a BJCP judge?
- The BJCP guidelines are available on iOS or Android.
- What is lactobacillus?
- How to read the BJCP scoresheet.
- You should check out the National Capital Homebrew Competition and the Ottawa Craft Beer Festival.
- It's peanut butter jelly time, I mean porter.
- Justin got to brew his coconut pale ale at Nita Beer Company (Tropical Knock Out).
- For Pro-Am (Professional-Amateur) beers, Beau's has a series of beers brewed by home brewers - you've probably had a few!
- Let's not forget our beer math: 1 beer barrel = 1.17 hectolitres = 117 litres = 3907 ounces = 195 Canadian Pints.
- Ron Eade was a food reviewer for the Ottawa Citizen, he was awesome. I miss him :(
- Why do bottle dates matter?
- Haze in beer?
- The 2015 National Capital Homebrew Competition results, damn Jared is good.
- Does your beer have 'legs'?
- Next time I will hide the containers the beers are in better!
- Ashnan, the Beau's wheat wine.
- RIS = Russian Imperial Stout.
- MOB = the Members of Barleyment, Ottawa's homebrew club.
- Justin is a dweeb. Phil is a whack job.
- If you missed out on this competition, submit your homebrew to the Beau's Oktoberfest Competition!
- Jammer - Sixpoint Brewery (Category 27 - Gose)
- Snake Dog IPA - Flying Dog Brewery (Category 21A - America IPA)
- Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Company (Category 22C - American Barleywine)
- RSS: http://www.613beer.com/613beercast?format=rss
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Stitcher
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-iTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Play
Join the conversation!