Episode 20 - Iconic Canadian Beers
- Beer history is my favourite type of history (it requires a high level of participation).
- Book Recommendation: Ontario Beer: A Heady History of Brewing from the Great Lakes to the Hudson Bay by Alan McLeod and Jordan St. John.
- The Story of Three Fired Guys (3FG): How Steam Whistle Was Founded (super fun video with photos and videos of the founders/brewery before they became Steam Whistle).
- The Ontario Craft Brewers is a trade association representing brewers in Ontario (those who have memberships).
- Have you seen the Steam Whistle fleet?
- Do you remember this commercial?
- I'm all about the cute elephant videos - seriously.
- I would totally scan my passport for a Canadian.
- Alpine Lager has a pretty amazing history - grab a can and enjoy this read.
- Brewing a lager is hard! Seriously!
- I am getting back into home brewing - watch out world!
- Check out Brian's review of Old Style Pilsner!
- Old Style Pilsner - Old / New(ish).
- Book Recommendation: Ambitious Brew: The Story of American Beer by Maureen Ogle.
- DMS / Canned corn aroma in beer.
- Do you know what Kvas is?
- The Unibroue stories are pretty fun.
- Quebec—Canada's “Belgian” Province.
- We totally didn't talk about the history of Unibroue at all (I blame the beer).
- Mmm Sapporo Reserve.
- Steam Whistle Pilsner - Steam Whistle Brewing
- Molson Canadian Lager - Molson Coors Canada
- Alpine Lager - Moosehead Breweries Ltd
- Old Style Pilsner - Molson Coors Canada
- Grasshopper Wheat Ale - Big Rock Brewery
- Maudite - Unibroue
- RSS: http://www.613beer.com/613beercast?format=rss
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Stitcher
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-iTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Play
Join the conversation!