Episode 13 - Paul Meek from Kichesippi Beer Company
Kichesippi Beer Company just celebrated their 6th Anniversary! Katy (@klwatts) and April (@AThibert) sat down with Paul Meek (@paulmeek613), Co-Owner of Kichesippi Beer Company and chatted about his experiences in beer.
- One of Paul's first craft beer experiences was Granite Brewery in Halifax (yes, there is a Granite Brewery in Toronto that was opened by a sibling of the original Halifax brewery).
- The Alexander Keith's 'tourism' brewery is the original brewery where actors take you through a tour in period costumes and do a historical reenactment - it's actually pretty fun.
- The cans versus bottles debate (cans are better).
- Why do people choose to move to Ottawa?
- Kelly, Paul's wife (and Co-Owner of Kichesippi Beer Company) was diagnosed with mitochondrial myopathy and now uses an electric wheelchair.
- Ottawa loves snow - RIGHT?!
- Thank you McClelland Premium Imports and Paul for introducing me to Erdinger and so many other yummy beers.
- You should pour your weisse beers a certain beer - here's how! Go buy one and try it.
- Do you remember Heritage Brewing and their brands (Sgt Major's, Corporal Punishment..)
- Many other breweries make craft sodas - Propeller, Nickel Brook
- There were many great parties had at the brewery and it sounds like there will be more in the future!
- The famous LCBO Store 10 (Summerhill) fit with tasting bar and growler station.
- Alexander's Keith's India Pale Ale - Alexander Keith's
- Erdinger Weissbier from Erdinger Weissbräu
- Kichesippi Natural Blonde from Kichesippi Beer Company
- Ginger Beer from Harvey & Vern's (soda)
- Radler from Kichesippi Beer Company