April and Chuck are fresh home from a trip to Windsor and they brought back some drinkable souvenirs! Windsor is Canada's southernmost city and directly across the river from Detroit, Michigan. It is a major contributor to Canada's automotive industry and has a unique history with alcohol production/sales with the US.
- We need to find just the right host for our new hit show, Brewery Makeover. Someone who has enough brewery experience but also lots of rage..
- We have ongoing issues with the pronounciation. Put to be fair - Canada does say CARE-A-MEL.
- If you were wondering what TV show I was referencing it was The Wire. All I've learned from life comes from TV.
- Windsor Craft Beer Festival takes place on October 13 and 14, 2017.
- What's an India Pale Lager?
- Back before there were podcasts we used to bog about beer. Read April's blog entry about the Windsor Craft Beer Festival from 2013.
- Ford has a big history in Windsor - dating back to 1904.
- Brewery shout outs: Midian Brewing, GL Heritage Brewing Company, Sons of Kent Brewing Company, Brew Microbrewery.
- The BevMap at Ontario Beverage Network.
- Windsor-Essex: Barrels, Bottles and Brews.
- Salted Caramel - Craft Heads Brewing Company
- Say What You Mean - Frank Brewing
- Dragula - Motor Craft Ales
- Geronimo IPA - Walkerville Brewery
- RSS: http://613beercast.libsyn.com/rss
- Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-iTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Play
Join the Conversation!
- Have you tried any of these Windsor beers? Join the conversation on our Facebook Group: 613BeerCast - After Dark.
- Rate us on iTunes and help us spread the word of awesome Ottawa craft beer!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, we post pretty pictures of ourselves there!
- Where should we travel next? Let us know by sending us an e-mail.