Sam Corbeil is the brewmaster at Sawdust City Brewing Company located in Gravenhurst, Ontario. This podcast was recorded the day after FunkFest at the brewery.
- REMOTE FROM GRAVENHURST! Sawdust City has their own studio (and podcast!), which gets them talking about a collaboration with Kingston's Stone City Ales.
- FunkFest is an annual event held on July 1 that celebrates Canada's sour beer.
- Aaron Spinney used to be a brewer at Sawdust City and has now opened Hamilton's MERIT Brewing Company.
- The collaboration between Sawdust, Block 3 and Stack is called Flotter Drier Pink Guava Berliner Weisse.
- Limberlost 2017 is a rhubarb and strawberry wild ale!
- Not only can you drink the Limberlost beer, but you can go to the forest and wildlife reserve!
- Escarpment Labs provides yeast to brewers and has been playing with isolating yeasts from the Ontario wilderness.
- FestaBrew is wort that you can buy from a homebrew shop. It is the easiest way to "brew" beer.
- Here's an interview with Sam back when he was a brewer at Mill Street in 2009.
- The Niagara College Teaching Brewery is creating some great brewing talent for Canada.
- Sam went to the Versuchs- und Lehranstalt fuer Brauerei in Berlin.
- Anyone else want to go to Brussels and start (re-start, continue) their beer journey?
- It really is incredible to see how many breweries are opening across Ontario!
- RSS: http://www.613beer.com/613beercast?format=rss
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-iTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Play
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/613Beer
Join the Conversation!
- Bathroom graffiti, is that still a thing? What life advice have you given or received from a stall? Join the conversation on our Facebook Group: 613BeerCast - After Dark.
- Rate us on iTunes and help us spread the word of awesome Ottawa craft beer!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, we post pretty pictures of ourselves there!
- Do you like the remote podasts? Let us know by sending us an e-mail.